Occasionally we’ve been asked by business clients, “What languages should we translate our material into?” The answer to the question depends on a number of factors, such as the business objectives of a particular organization. It’s not really a question a translation company can answer for a client.
We can cite the most frequently requested languages for translation we receive. Here they are!
Our top 10 most requested languages requested for translation are (in no particular order):
1) Spanish: 527 million speakers
2) French: 229 million speakers
3) Portuguese: 229 million speakers
4) German: 129 million speakers
5) Russian: 267 million speakers
6) Arabic: 422 million speakers
7) Chinese: 1 billion speakers
8) Italian: 66 million speakers
9) Japanese: 129 million speakers
10) Korean: 77 million speakers
Number of speakers source data see Ethnologue (2017 20th edition)